I received an email the other day from a College Student wanting to know how they could find some quick ways to make money online. The email stated they didn’t have a lot of time because of their studies. So after giving it some thought, I came up with a list of 7 quick ways college students to make money online.
I dismissed blogging in general because it takes some time to learn how to make money fast (the exception is local websites and blogs, see below). I assumed the emailer needed to find ways to make money fast.
Here are my suggestions to the emailer.
- Project Payday: A few months ago, I experimented with a way to make money quick online with a program called Project Payday. I took a day and researched this project online. Seemed real people were making real money with it. Not getting rich, but making enough extra money quickly to pay some bills or other stuff. The next day I signed up with Project Payday, watched the training video’s and browsed the Forums to get a feel as to how this program worked. In all, this process took me a few hours. The next day I followed the directions and made myself available for some “offers”. The first day, I made $55. The next day I hit it hard for about 6 hours and brought down $105 for my efforts. The following day, I worked 3 to 4 hours total and made $65. I soon found out one drawback to this program. It’s boring! No special skills are needed other than the know-how to operate your computer and use the Internet, but it is tedious work. I’m not cut out to spend hours behind a computer! Most people can make money quickly with this program, but you’ll have to put the time into it. The more time you put into it, the more money you’ll make generally. It’s not rocket science but you will have to keep track of the trials you sign up for. If you’re interested, check out Project Payday by clicking here. It’s free to sign up if you fill out an offer or you can buy directly into the program. Next you’ll need to read the promotional literature they have and watch the training video’s. They even have a guarantee that says if you follow the simple 4 step process in Method 1 and don’t make money in 24 hours, they’ll give you $100! This is the best guarantee I’ve seen online. I doubt anyone will need it though, because I found it easy to make money with Project Payday although it was boring computer work.
- Read Emails – Taking Online Survey’s, etc: In my opinion, this isn’t as easy as Project Payday, but it’s real close. There are companies that receive thousands of emails every day that need to be read. Obviously the CEO or other employees can’t spend every day reading emails, so they outsource this. There are several companies where they outsource this type of work as well as other tedious, time consuming chores such as product testing, online surveys, online mystery shopping and other. Send Earnings is one such company that other companies outsource to. Consumers such as you sign up and are normally paid on a per assignment completed basis. The pay varies by what type of assignment you choose. You choose where you want to make money. Click Here to learn more or to sign up for this opportunity.
- Become an Online Researcher- Large Corporations today rely on tons of data and feedback from consumers to develop and improve their product lines. Many use focus groups to test products and services before the general public ever gets chance to see it. MySurvey is one company that provides this kind of market research and feedback data to these Corporations. They do this through people like you. How? You sign up with MySurvey and take survey’s about consumer products and services. Each survey is designated with a certain number of points. When you complete the survey or market research questionaire, your awarded those points. When you reach the minimum amount for a cash out (every company is different as to what point you can cash out) they will pay you. Generally through PayPal. So you get the money pretty quick. TIP: Never, ever pay a company to take market research surveys. Legitimate companies will never require you to pay. MySurvey has FREE signup and you can get started earning money through them pretty darn quick! Click here to visit the Official MySurvey page.
- Make Money On Ebay - There are many ways to make money with eBay. It seems that the 2 most popular ways are either by going to Garage Sales or Estate Sales and buying stuff to resell. You can make some decent money this way. Back in 2001 I did this same thing for several months and I made around $700-$1500 per month. But it was long hard work making all those auctions or driving around looking for deals at Garage sales. Another way that is becoming more and more popular is people starting their own online stores and stocking them with products from wholesalers and dropshippers. But you have to be on your guard with these, not all of them are on the up and up.
- Become an Online Tutor – I’m not sure what this pays, but I’ve known people in the past who have worked with companies like e-Tutor, SmartThinking and Tutor.Com. Online tutoring is an in-demand service and growing all the time. If you like helping others learn, this could be just the ticket for you. You will have to set aside a certain number of hours per week, anywhere from 2 hours on up on average depending upon which service you go with.
- SwagBucks – Although you can’t make money directly with Swagbucks, you can earn free gift cards and merchandise. My Wife uses Swagbucks as well and loves getting the Amazon.com gift cards to get stuff from Amazon, but Swagbucks has their own catalog of nice products. In fact, she has gotten some nice jewelry from them for her and our daughter. The way this works is that you earn points by browsing the Internet using the SwagBucks tool bar (downloading is easy, free and you’ll rack up points faster by using it to search the Internet with) and doing other things like taking polls and survey’s or watching video’s. I know several people who get their free merchandise like jewelry or electronics and then turn around and sell them for a nice profit on Ebay and Craigslist. If you surf the web a lot, then this may be just the thing for you. I sign in every time I surf the Internet or shop online and my points rack up fairly quick. I also watch their video’s and take their polls to add my points to my account. Click here to check out Swagbucks! What’s cool is you can sign up through your favorite Social Netowrk like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and Google. I’m betting you’ll see some of your friends who are using Swagbucks to get gifts and merchandise!
- Become an Online Juror – Even Lawyers need to practice! There are places such a eJury and TrialJuries.Com that stage mock trials. The Jurors get paid anywhere from $5 to $60 depending on how complex the case is. There’s no guarantee you’ll get a case, but it has to better than cleaning up after the old folks at the Senior Citizen Center! Many colleges have access to these mock jury trials, but from what I’ve been told, they don’t pay as much as the online jury pools. Also, as with anything in life, if you slack off on the Jury, don’t expect to be called back. The more you pay attention and get involved, the more likely they’ll “keep your name around.”
Some college students show up on the first day in a bright shiny BMW convertible. Those are the ones who do not need help. For most College Students, a few extra dollars a month goes a long ways in making it easier to study for their classes. If you’re in a pinch, there’s no need to run down to the Blood Center to give blood, just turn your computer on and go to work with these quick and simple ways to make money fast.