Webmerge is one of those software programs that you wonder “Where has this been all my life” after you use it. Webmerge is a software program that many affiliate marketers use to turn data feeds from retailers into static HTML product pages, often within minutes.
Webmerge has many great features including:
- Capable of using exported databases in .txt format or spreadsheets in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Panorama, Filemaker Pro and Appleworks.
- Available in both Mac and PC configurations
- Free use of the program prior to buying it (up to 20 records)
- Use your favorite HTML editor to create custom templates to use with Webmerge
- Create your own database with your own products or products from places like ClickBank or use retailers datafeeds like Betty Mills (which has over 50,000 products)
- Use of custom Webmerge tags to enhance the customization of the generated web pages to make to avoid the duplicate content penalty. You place the Webmerge tags where ever you want information from the database to show up.
- No specail database access needed to your server, all pages are HTML and easily uploaded via FTP
- Webmerge can generate two tiered websites or multi tiered websites, it’s your choice
- Webmerge makes it easy to change the datafeed from the retailer, ie; adding columns or more descriptions, this further makes your site much different from other affiliate marketers.
And that’s just for starters
Webmerge will run on your desktop, there’s no need to upload it to your server. For me, this is a huge benefit because I have several malls and I don’t want to be screwing with uploading and fiddling with servers and FTP all the time.
Don’t just take my word for it though, Webmerge has garnered some pretty impressive reviews from the big Tech sites like MacWorld (4 1/2 mice), Tucows (3 cows), 5 stars from VersionTracker and 5 stars from File Transit.
Here are some comments left by Webmerge reviewers;
Great product, I have been using it since 2002, it gets better and better, the customer service is FAST and HELPFUL! Keep up the good work!
I never thought I could have one of those huge eshopping malls on the Internet with thousands upon thousands of products. With Webmerge, I not only have several of those websites, I’m able to update them with fresh content from datafeeds by spending a few minutes of my time each week
..fast and easy, just what I want in software!
One tip that you’ll find useful when using Webmerge is that you should spend some time “cleaning up” the data files when you receive them from the retailer. They’re not always ready to go, this is the retailers fault, not Webmerge’s. Webmerge allows you to clean up the datafeed files pretty quickly and get them ready to post to your site.
If it’s one beef I had with Webmerge when I first started using it, it was the lack of good documentation to walk me through the start up and use of Webmerge. This has gotten better over the years. FourthWorld, the developers of WebMerge, have a very helpful forum where you can get many of your questions answered. I’d still like to see some video tutorials on getting started and advanced uses for Webmerge.
Speaking of advanced uses, due to the custom tags that Webmerge uses, you’re not only limited to affiliate marketing datafeeds from retailers. I hear there are several people using it to generate static HTML pages for their article directories as well. One of these days I’ll have to check that out!
As I stated above, you can download a free trial version by going to the Webmerge site. The free version will only generate 20 records, but it’ll give you an idea of how to use Webmerge. The full version is $99 and I’ll tell you, it will be the best $99 you’ll ever spend if you’re into generating HTML websites with thousands of static HTML pages full of products.
Tip: Many times I’ll generate one page per product. This can allow you to have thousands of product pages indexed in the search engines if you’ll spend the time adding information to Webmerge.
Get started now by trying it for free by clicking here.